The Ghost Of Bill Hicks

Righteous howls at stupidity and mediocrity

Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Crime Against Humanity #5,476,851

So today I had to look up Celine Dion's discography for a friend on www.allmusic.com, and I found, to my horror, that under their new format, the French Canadian hellbeast is grouped in the Rock category.

Ponder that for a moment. Let it sink in. Celine Dion. ROCK.

It's almost too much for you to take, isn't it? My brain shut down for about fifteen minutes after reading it, during which time, according to my brother, I popped our roomate's copy of Ghost into the VCR and sat spellbound.

Seriously though, how the fuck could ANYONE group that caterwauling retard in the Rock category anywhere? She's only rock if compared to, say, the musical stylings of Orrin Hatch or John Ashcroft. Otherwise, she's the singer of the most vomit-inducing "love song" since "I Will Always Love You".

1 Comments:

At August 7, 2004 at 5:43 PM, Blogger Fearck/Rantress/that loud chick said...

Breeeeeathe... Yes, the Bony Canadienne is evil. We know this. Hopefully, she will walk out into the open Nevada sun at some point, and conflagrate in a marvelous, shrieking pyre. For the moment, we just ignore it. The FBI gets to pissy when we try to take her out on our own.

Just because a website has absolutely NO musical taste whatsoever does not affect reality. It does not change the fact that she is a waste of oxygen, or that her "singing" is about as beautiful as a homesick abortion. It's just a website. Obviously, if I were you, I'd never spend another dime there, as they are obviously staffed by illiterate gerbils.

I highly recommend WaterlooRecords.com, the best damned record store on the planet, via Austin.

And don't hold Whitney Houston's evildoing against the original version of Dolly Parton's song. There's a HUGE difference. And besides, at least Dolly got filthy-rich off of that crackhead mangling her song.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home